It’s often difficult to know the true quality of your pet’s diets without getting lost in the marketing scheme from the pet food companies. Here are some websites to help you navigate through these choices. We recommend feeding your furry companion only diets that are formulated to meet the AAFCO nutrient profile. You can find this information on the label of the food of your choice.
- AAFCO – http://www.aafco.org/
- Tuft’s Vet School – http://vetnutrition.tufts.edu/petfoodology/
- Grain Free Handout – Read More
We encourage all pet parents to obtain insurance for their pets. We are not associated with any insurance companies, and please make sure to read the fine print of the different policies and pick the best one for your animal’s breed, lifestyle, and your budget.
Dental health is extremely important for your pet. Poor dental health doesn’t only lead to bad breath, but also more serious health conditions such as tooth extractions and organ disease.
- http://www.capcvet.org/ – An independent council established to create guidelines for the optimal control of internal and external parasites that threaten the health of pets and people.
- http://www.heartwormsociety.org – Encourages and helps promote effective procedures for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of heartworm disease.
Specialty/ Referral Care
- http://www.integrativeveterinaryoncology.com/ – Offering integrated cancer therapy including chemotherapy, immunotherapy, cryosurgery, photodynamic therapy, nutrition, acupuncture and herbal medicine.
- ANIC – http://www.theanic.com/az/
- http://www.eyecareforanimals.com/ – Certified ophthalmologists and clinical specialists providing the highest level of care, education, and understanding to clients, their pets, and referring veterinarians.
- http://www.vetmedaz.com/ – VETMED is a specialty referral and emergency veterinary hospital. Their areas of specialty are diverse and they deliver the latest in diagnostic and patient therapy.
- http://www.dvmspecialists.com/ – Desert Veterinary Medical Specialists are experts in cardiology, internal medicine and radiology for pets while providing sophisticated care from doctors who have achieved board certification and are known as specialists
- http://www.azvetdentists.com – Board Certified Specialists in veterinary dentistry and are highly experienced in every aspect of veterinary dentistry including pet dental cleanings, periodontal disease, fractured teeth, oral cancers and oral-maxillofacial trauma to achieve optimal outcomes for pets. Here are some great tips on home health care for your pet: https://azvetdentists.com/index.php/patient-resources/home-dental-care-for-pets
- https://vcahospitals.com/animal-referral-arizona – VCA ARECA
- Dermatology For Animals – https://dermatologyforanimals.com/arizona
Other Helpful Links
- Have you recently added a new furry family member and not sure where to start with training. We recommend the book, Puppy Start Right: Foundation Training for the Companion Dog by Kenneth and Debbie Martin. This book will help set a foundation for a lifelong partnership between you and your pet.
- Indoor pets initiative – https://indoorpet.osu.edu/pet-owners
- Veterinary partner – http://www.veterinarypartner.com/
- http://www.aspca.org/ – ASPCA works nationally to rescue animals from abuse, pass humane laws and share resources with many shelters across the country.
- Pet Poison Helpline – http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/