DC Ranch Animal Hospital is very excited to offer the very latest in lost pet protection. The HomeAgain Microchip provides a means to provide permanent pet identification, national enrollment in a pet recovery database and a recovery center that is operated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year in order to help return your pet home.
Why Microchip Your Pet?
Did you know?
- that only 4% of lost cats are reunited with their owners in US shelters?
- that only 14% of lost dogs are reunited with their owners in US shelters?
- that in England, where microchipping is mandatory, 51% of dogs are reunited with their owners?
- that in one study, less than 1/5 of lost dogs and cats had any identification (tags, microchip) when they went missing?
A HomeAgain microchip is about the size of a grain of rice and is implanted into the pet in a single, simple injection, just like a vaccine. The microchip has a code that is unique to your pet, the way your social security number is unique to you. When a pet is found and scanned, the unique code can be traced back to you through your database registration at www.PetLink.NET, allowing you and your pet to be happily reunited.
The HomeAgain microchip pet identification system utilizes the technology recommended by most major pet welfare and veterinary organizations in the United States. HomeAgain Microchip represents three advancements in the United States pet identification industry:
- HomeAgain Microchip offers FREE registration at www.PetLink.NET
- HomeAgain Microchip offers NO annual maintenance fee for your database registration.
- HomeAgain Microchip features ISO compliance allowing you to travel anywhere in the world with your pet and be assured that an ISO compliant scanner can help them find their way back to you.
DC Ranch Animal Hospital recommends that all dogs and cats are microchipped. Microchipping is an easy procedure that can be done at any time.